28 October 2006

sockittome, sockittome. . .

Now I know I haven't posted any completed socks lately, but the lack of a FO has never kept me from purchasing more yarn (it should, I know). Here are hanks of artyarns sock yarn:



I thought this would give a better sense of the blue/grey. . .but not exactly:




I guess it will have to wait until I begin knitting it up. I am, believe it or not, currently working on a sock--the cherry tree hill sock yarn. It has been challenging. The Crystal Palace dpns are much more slippery than I expected. I spend entirely too much time retrieving stitches that have slipped off the dpn and hopefully placing the stitch in its correct pattern--keeping the k st the k st and p st the p st--drama drama on a stick!

I will have a completed pair of socks for the socktoberfest. . .though it may carry over into November. Any month is a good month for socks, I say!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's some very lovely yarn you've got there. Are you interested in magic looping? No dpns to lose or drop off of. I'll show you if you'd like.

p.s. my socks aren't even CLOSE to being done Socktober. Maybe Sockcember or Socknuary. Congrats!

10:48 AM  
Blogger aknittykitty said...

yes please! :))

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home