12 September 2006

FO?


Remember that baby blanket? Well, it's haunting me. . .I did complete it and it is now sitting in my closet, with nowhere to go. Tell me. . .can you see the obvious boo boo? Oh, and BTW, it is blue. . .looks white on this pic to me. . .oh well.

Lesson learned: no matter what the LYS owner says. . .go down a size. Only I know how tight I knit. . . sheesh! Oh well. Most people would probably not want to post their "I can't believe I knit the whole thing" item. I mean, when you realize that you cannot return the yarn, you just have to bite the bullet and finish it. Frogging was not an option on this yarn (heaven by plymouth yarn). It doesn't frog very well.

When you haven't posted in a while, man do you have stuff to post! I thought about stringing them out, but as you can see, it still says 9/12/06. If I weren't so lazy, I would just delete and repaste. I'm hoping that I will have something to say or a beginnings of a semi KO to display soon! Hope springs eternal ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger Two Pixies said...

All I can think is that maybe you think it's not perfect enough somehow...I don't see it, but I have to say, I've rec'd hand made things, and never once have I scrutinized them...I have always looked at them with warm fuzzies that someone spent a lot of love and time making it. And those items never, ever go into a give away/sell pile! (Now don't go thinking of crocheting me a toilet roll cover with a doll head attached - I may just have to run screaming!!!!)
GIVE IT TO THE BABY!!!!!

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've fingered that yarn and I just KNOW that your blanket is so unbelievably soft that any boo boos (which I can't see, BTW) are irrelevant. This blanket will be a favorite because it's cuddley, not because it of its level of perfection.

6:02 AM  
Blogger aknittykitty said...

Okay, so I am getting a sense that I am just wound a bit too tight here! ;)

I will try to send the gift on to the little one.

Another co-worker's wife just gave birth to a girl. . .hmmm. Maybe I can see if this time I can make it without all the "perfection issues" I had with this one and actually make a knitted item without the stress. Isn't that, like, the point of knitting--to decompress?

My "newbieness" is showing . . .

7:08 AM  
Blogger Insomiknitac said...

babies vision isnt that great- they can pick out imperfections :)
when i knit something & i see an imperfection i tend to think of the freemasion who purposefully build mistakes into their work so as not to insult god by create work that is perfect.
nothing in this world is perfect, and there in lies the perfection.
totally different note your baby blanket looks like teh same pattern i did for my baby blanket!!!

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home