24 August 2006

The saga of the baby blanket

So, I wanted to make this baby blanket see, but I chose a MC that required small needles and lots of time. . .time is not on my side. The recipient is due like NOW. As you can see, I have not gotten very far:


Now, I am verklempt at this point. How can I possibly get this done like, right away? Should I take a day or two off just to get it done? Should I just snap a picture and put it in a card explaining that I will mail it to her so that she can get this after the fact? What is a girl to do?

Buy more yarn of course!

So I went to one of the LYS in my area and picked up 4 balls of "heaven" by Plymouth Yarns. It is fabulous! My knitting. . .well maybe not so fabulous. I am in a rush people. . .give a sista a break. Here is my progress:



I just hope my co-worker is not as observant or picky when she receives it. I will post the completed blanket when I'm done (which better be Sunday) Oh--she says it's a boy, so man wouldn't it be a trip if it isn't?

2 Comments:

Blogger Two Pixies said...

girls can get blue blankets. it's just a bit trickier to convince the parents of boys to accept the pink blankets. it's gorgeous. very lucky baby to have a knit blankie from you :)
ps-i can't stop thinking about the debbie bliss bk you got - i want one too just so i can load up on the list of cool stuff to complete ;) i totally dreamed of the twisted scarf. it kept unraveling. hmmmm.....

8:54 PM  
Blogger Insomiknitac said...

oh you are like me!!! my SIL was due in OCT but they will induce her sometime next week but A) im totally bored with the project and B) i just havent had much knitting time
i should go and knit :P

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home