18 September 2006

Socktoberfest and Chi Chi

A girl can be just too literal at times, I suppose. I got an email from a member of our SnB group wondering if anyone signed up to the Socktoberfest. Now, I'd never heard of it (having not knit a sock and all--okay, so maybe it's because I just am out of the loop--whatever), but thought it would be a good idea to stretch myself. So I think I am the only person who submitted their info in such a way that you cannot go directly to my blog. . .but I wrote it up just as she asked. . .e.g. luluatlulu's.blogspot.com. How was I supposed to know that you are not supposed to do it that way? Or was I also supposed to put my blogspot address in the website blank? There should be a sign-up form for dummies! I'd buy it! This stuff is just too difficult I tell ya!

On another note:

As I am sometimes challenged with this blog, to the person who said, "I like your cat". . .Thanks!

I like your dogs. . .I am just terrified of them! Dogs in general, that is. Not yours. I've unfortunately been bitten in the face by a Shepard when I was a kid (and the tush--by the family dog no less!) and chased by countless others. This is ironic seeing that my dad breeds dogs as a hobby. Not so much anymore (thankfully! He needs to slow down a bit), which make mom happy.

Back to socks:

I just started (for the 3rd time?) a pair of socks. This will be a great warm up for the Socktoberfest. I am using fixation. . .I hope to have a post on its progress very soon. I first saw this color at Sea Needles, but she only had one ball and to have a complete pair, I needed two balls. Two pixies and I trekked over to Celtic Knits in Ellicot City (it was sooo much fun) to check out the shop and pick up the fixatiion. I am looking forward to the outcome. It takes a little getting used to. . .I expected it to be a wee bit different as I knit. That is, I am one who has a tendency to pull tight after each stitch (don't ask), but this doesn't need it. What?! I have to actually ease up! Take it down a notch and simply enjoy the knit! What are you saying? :0

Okay, okay. I will try to actually relax while I knit. Maybe I will create my own mantra:


Knnnnniiiiiittttttt. Puuuuuuurrrrrrrrllllllll.

1 Comments:

Blogger aknittykitty said...

A Chow?! Yikes! My brother was bitten by a chow (yet another family pet gone mad--basically, he only liked my dad--since he was the only one who fed him) and my mom had to literally beat the dog off of my brother. Which is ironic, because my mom was terrified of the dog. . .but he was biting her (then 30ish)baby!
;0 aahh, the good old days. . .where have they gone?

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home