19 November 2007

The shape of things to come

I am knitting a blanket for a friend's housewarming. In July. It's almost December. I just thought I would have it done, but man, when did summer become winter? You know, it seems the older that I get, the quicker time begins to fly. Anywho, That blanket is not going to make the deadline, so what do I do? I knit a scarf! I want the scarf to say, "dear friend, I am working at a snails pace while time is running a hare ahead, so here is a scarf which I hope will smooth over the fact that you will probably not receive this blanket until late winter/early spring. Enjoy." Do you think that he will agree:



The odd background is a divider I found at an antiques place years ago. The scarf was knitted with approx. 2 skeins of Noro Silk Garden using the multi-directional scarf pattern. It's funny how a pattern seems difficult and then one day, I pick it up and begin knitting without a thought. When I encounter a problem, I look it over, troubleshoot, frog it and re-knit. No fuss, no muss. Growth is a funny thing. It just happens.



Glory!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home