25 June 2007

It's summer and a girl's fancy turns to. . .

tank tops! This is the 1st half of a tank. I am using Crystal Palace Yarns Deco Ribbon. I picked up this yarn at my LYS in Old Town, Alexandria, VA. I thought knitting with ribbon yarn would require that I become proficient in knitting. I thought that I would have to be an "intermediate" knitter. Sometimes, yarn is just yarn. A pattern is just supposed to be knit. No analyzing, waiting until the sun, moon and stars are in alignment. Just knit. See what comes of it. Frog if necessary. Knitting, like life is only as complicated as we make it.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Two Pixies said...

ohhhh, i love it! i'm so proud of you for forgoing the correct star moon sun alignment and just diving in :) this is the 2nd summer going by without a knit tank ... the very thing I have always wanted to knit.
i'm home from FL with the worst flu I've had in 10 years. Ugh!!!

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Special stitches? We don't need no special stitches! Just start knitting!!! And yes, ribbon yarn is just yarn. It's like swapping out brands of needles. You might prefer one over the other, but they still work the same way. Mostly.

Go! Go! Go!

7:40 AM  
Blogger aknittykitty said...

Thanks for the support. I am trying to make progress on the front. Hope to have this done by the 4th of July, so that I can restart those socks. I am determined to have a complete pair of socks by the end of the year!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Two Pixies said...

According to my clock, you've got 33 mintes 'til July 4th. I'm hoping that you will be posting a picture in the morning with you posing in your fabulous new tank!!!

8:27 PM  
Blogger aknittykitty said...

You know, I forgot I was supposed to finish by the 4th. I am 2/3 done, so I need to at the very least have the front completed!! I've never joined or seamed before, so I will have to figure something out.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home