04 January 2007

Must see cinema

Usually, I don't go out of my way to push movies for which I am not receiving any royalties, but I thought, it's a New Year and I'm always up for doing a new thing. I may be biased in that I am a fan of action movies. . .however, this has a seriousness to it that I thought was worth watching. for history buffs, it is not a new story; for those not well versed on the diamond industry, it will fill in some blanks. Just a few days after watching this movie, I saw the authentic story on the History Channel. If anyone goes to see it, please let me know what you thought of the movie. The camera work was fabulous! I've always thought Africa to be a beautiful continent--this movie captured its beauty; must visit Africa. On my to do list for 2007



This movie works on so many levels~I believe it is based on a novel. . .I just have to read the novel~it's one of those movies that you have to search out as it doesn't seem to be in wide release. I had to travel to DC to see this one, but worth it! I happen to like Dame Judi and Cate, so if you don't it may not be the movie for you. It is a Brit Flick, so I suppose it is one of those Indie films, but it is actually very entertaining.



Okay, my first purly wisdom for the New Year. Let me know if you see or like this one as well.

Knitting? I am about to complete the last WIP I showed y'all before the end of year, so yea!

Will post tomorrow if time permits. Toodles!

2 Comments:

Blogger Two Pixies said...

If you go to Africa, take me with you. I've wanted to go there since I was hooked on Daktari when I was little (Ok, that SO dates me b/c I doubt there are many who know that show :)
I want to see those 2 movies too. Maybe we need a girls movie night instead of a knitting night once!!! ;)

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering about "Notes on a Scandal". The reviews I heard were phenomenal--best movie of the year. I have three Netflix at home now, Wordplay, Over the Hedge, and Layer Cake. Next in queue is An Inconvenient Truth. Not a bad way to start 2007 :-)

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home